Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
2006 Meet #6 - Golden Gala (7/14)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got good scorers in pretty much all the events. Should give me a good challenge trying to pass you back up. Twisted Evil

Dan
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the runner-up finished in over 10 seconds, Marcus Brunson in 10.04 to be exact, this 100 m may seem not so fast. However, if one considers that Churanday Martina finished one of the heats in 10.17 and was over all ninth, this race was as good as most Olympic and world championships finals.
I would love for another guy on my fantasy team, either Olusoji A. Fasuba or Gary Kikaya to upset one of the favorites and steal the 100 m or 400 m race coming from behind.
Sherone Simpson is somebody that Marion Jones will love to hate, but as a professional athlete will have to make a nice smile to cover up disappointment.
I hope that Marion or another ace will not be allowed on any of the US relay teams: relay teams should never be primarily based on the personal and season bests because, with respect to the team USA, the men and women who run the fastest on the individual basis, care the least about the outcome of the relay races even if they try to threaten the federation with a law suite during the selection process because they are uncertain of their success on the individual basis. However, once they achieve the success on the individual basis, since relays do happen usually on the last two days of major championships, they can care less.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeurr wrote:
100 m Men:

1. Olusoji Fasuba
2. Ronald Pognon
3. Churandy Martina
4. Shawn Crawford
5. Asafa Powell

400 m Men:

1. Gary Kikaya

1500 m Men:

1. Suleiman Simotwo
2. Ivan Heshko

100 m Women:

1. Muna Lee
2. Me’lisa Barber

800 m Women:

1. Janet Jepkosegi
2. Diane Cummins

LJ Men:

1. Irving Saladino

My team does not appear impressive compared to yours, but it has proven that even a small fish can have big jaws. I should have renamed them the New Jersey Piranhas after our Bar Association.

How insane it may sound -- anything insane in nearly in any other state is a norm in New Jersey -- I did e-mail a letter to New Jersey Bar Association asking them officially for sponsorship of my fantasy team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I was busy with other stuff yesterday and spaced it... Results are posted now, though:

http://run-down.com/fantasy/index.php?go=full_results

Lots of 1300-1500 point scorers this meet, which is a nice change after last meet's 300's. I managed to stop slipping, but I was hoping to move up two more spots. Those gaps are getting a bit big to close down, though. Conway continues his yo-yo season...

Dan
YUKON QUEST
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conway wrote:

Cool !!! Thanks ...

To Conway & C

Hi I’m back! Sorry for the delay but Rome is not so near Bergamo and I stayed in Rome for sleeping and back home yesterday night.

Just one world UNBELIEVABLE! No, two words UNBELIEVABLE and AMAZING! Very Happy Cool

I tell you. The stadio dei marmi is the stadium where athletes warm up, it’s a beautiful outdoor stadium with alla round the marble statues rappresenting all the Italian provinces . I was there at 4.30 pm waiting for the athletes. It was difficult to recognize athletes. The first ones to come were Marc Raquil and John Smith. And then who did I see???? One of my fav athletes Christine Amertil, so I shouted “Vai (Go)Christine” she looked at me a bit surprised and said “Hi”, so I did thumb up and smiled, she greeted with her hand while I took a photo. The funny thing is while I took a photo of her the man together her took a photo of me. Laughing
Then I saw an atlete who was running, at the first lap I didn’t recognize her (people look fatter on tv ) but at the second one I noticed the red tips of her hair no doubt she was Tatyana Lebedeva, some guys said “Tatyana” and she kindly greeted (not all the athletes are so kind)
I moved to another area of the stadium where most the athletes were. The big man, masseur of the GL was working. Nearby there were Wariner, Xman , Sanya Richards, Nazarova then the high jumpers our Antonietta Di Martino and then Kajsa Bergqvist and Sanna Kallur came and there I took the only one photo no focus… Evil or Very Mad I recognized also Zanna Block, Leonard Byrd, Michael Blackwood, Carlota Castrejana, Anna Pyatikh, Shawn Crawford, Daichi Sawano , and the Ethiopian Defar and Dibaba , Fukushi. Christine Amertil was very kind some children asked her an autograph while she was doing stretching and she could not say no.

Then I went into the Olympic Stadium we were near the finish line half high, we saw well all the track races JT (sadly not the throwers ) and HJ. Far PV instead no LJ and TJ. The winners were awarded near us and then passed in front of u sto go out. Also Sara Simeoni and Alberto Cova to give the medals.

I was very happy that Amertil won the 400 B serie 50.62 SB. Why Shawn Crawford in B? A lot of people in the seats in front of straight and also in the opposite seats. A lot of people near the PV. The crown exploded to support Gibilisco. I’m a bit disappointed that people didn’t clap to all athletes when they were introduced. Is that normal in big meetings? Confused You feel a little bit stupid to clap and shout if nobody did…There were Ethiopian fans who sang and danced to cheer on.

Thorkildsen threw + 90 at his last attempt broke the stadium record.
When Thorki was awarded he bent twice to the crown and my camera chose right that moment to have the low battery, Evil or Very Mad I got only one dark far photo.

Great to see 5000 athletes and the famous Komyagina. _I strongly thought Defar overtook Dibaba.
While I ate a good Cornetto (Italian kind of ice cream) Smile Sherone Simpson won over Jones

Very good Hellebaut again 2.00

and 12.52 sanna _kallur? She was crazy of joy

Wonderful Wariner! After the race he was sick.

Asafa before the races did a lap over a car.

Honor lap for 400hurdler Fabrizio Mori to say goodbye to the competitions.

Quite the same cheers in 5000 for Bekele and for the sprint between 18th and 19th .
Great 800 race (marathondreamer Mutola wasn’t there maybe you meant Kenia Sinclair) good race for our Elisa Cusma 2.00.84 PB.

The big final came from the LJ. Andrew Howe jumped 8.41PB in his last attempt and he starter to jump around singing “ Popoopooopoooo popoooo poo” together with the crown ( our national soccer team was used to celebrate with this song at the WC))

Out of the stadium I saw Acuff, Howard and Bergqvist went way together.

Thanks if you read all my post!
Laughing
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice ... Thank you very much for sharing !!!! So much at a meet that doesn't make it to the television or the newspaper ... Thank you for taking the time to share with us ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an awesome experience! Looking through the results, I have to think that was a great all-around meet to attend. The events all ranged from good to spectacular.

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, great review! The facilities sound amazing.

Dan, has anyone posted a link with the results, yet. Didn't notice one.

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iaaf.org/GP06/results/eventCode=3538/index.html

Dan
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yukon Quest, that sounds like a geat time. I'm glad you got to experience it.
YUKON QUEST
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys Smile

don't forget to report your next athletics trip....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: