Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Running injury resource

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BryanPT
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Running injury resource Reply with quote

I thought this might be a good place to spread the word throughout the running community about the web site - www.injuredrunner.com
You can click on the location of your pain and see a selection of possible diagnoses with ways to manage the conditions. The site also has information on cross training, principles of recovery and injury prevention.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of useful information, but from the way you described it, I was expecting to see a human anatomy type of chart where you could click on the problem area and be taken to the descriptive page. That way, people don't need to know the name of something to get more info without first guessing. Probably not a big deal, but it might be a nice touch.

Dan
BryanPT
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: injury site Reply with quote

Dan,
Thanks for taking a minute to look at the site. Try scolling down a bit, there should be an image of a leg and pelvis with a caption that says "click on the location of your pain". After you click on the general region you will get 3 to 5 more descriptive pictures with the location of the pain highlighted and name of the possible injury.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... Two things you've got working against you: 1) It's below the fold, i.e. requires scrolling down the page to see. 2) It's done in Flash, which more and more people, myself included, are running blocker plugins much like for popups. I know a lot of people rely on Flash to convey information, but unless there's something specific I know to look for, I assume it's just fluff.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: