Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
JAM Nat'Ls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: JAM Nat'Ls Reply with quote

I don't know why I didn't start a topic on this when I was talking bout US Nat'Ls - here it is anyway

Sherone Simpson made an awesome Sprint Double with huge wins for her in 10.82 [-0.7] & 22.00 [+1.3], apparently easing-down in the latter which cost her the first sub-22 since Marion's 21.84 Sydney OG win in 2000! 10.82 into -0.7 is around 10.77 w/o wind, but I want to see how she does in Europe before hyping her too much - great runs nevertheless

Powell won the Men's 200 final [he had an easy 20.89 in the heat] in an awesome 19.90 [+1.3] - Powell said he took the curve 'easy' because of the history he has with running the bend hard and injuring his groin - again it is said that he eased down some 10m out which he said cost him the NR [Don Quarrie has it at 19.86 from mid-1970s] and that it [easing down] was a bad habit that he would have to get out of. Forget the 100m showdown, I wanna see Powell vs. Gat in the duece!

Results:
http://www.cwjamaica.com/~jaaa/trials06/
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I want to see how she does in Europe before hyping her too much

That's my thoughts, too. The Jamaican meets always seem to produce times that aren't quite repeatable elsewhere... The wind conditions don't seem to explain it, and I can only assume the tracks are regulation length and level, so maybe it's the likely perfect weather or the comfort of home?

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Kingston PR's usually remain that - PRs ... Sort of like Russian PR's at their Nationals ... Though Russia runs in several different locations ...

The rest of the season will tell the tail ... Simpson has had two great meets this year ... Both in Kingston ... While she has looked horrible the rest of the season ...

Powell looked so so for most of the season then suddenly - boom ... course the thing with Powell and the deuce is that he was able to run freely there ... Different race when there are two or three other guys in the race that can run sub 20 ...

Europe will tell the tale ... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: