FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
popping collarbone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fry the Sailor
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: popping collarbone Reply with quote

Yesterday my right clavicle (aka collarbone) seemed to have a problem. If I put my left hand at the middle of the chest, right below the neck where the collarbones are. When I took my left hand and placed it there, bent my right arm and moved it to the front and back, I could feel and even see a "pop" in my chest. Up until that point I was feeling great, but since this I've been feeling out of balance. Any insights?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it hurt? I can't imagine anything would be dislocated without significant pain. I can do more or less what you're describing with my left thumb. Maybe you have a double jointed collarbone... Neutral I didn't discover my gift until I was like 10 years old.

Dan
Fry the Sailor
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It no longer pops out as significantly, and the collarbone itself doesn't neccessarliy hurt. However, I don't think I'm out of the water just yet...
In the past, I have had such significant pain in my collarbone area after a regimin of upper body exersizes. The other day, the collarbone itself didn't hurt but the parts of shoulder and the rest of the arm did, as well as a portion of my back.
Whatever is happening, my guess is that my collarbone sometimes is too weak or too out of alignment to keep up with my body.

geez, I'm glad i quit football...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is a regular occurrence, you ought to have it x-rayed and see if there are any structural issues to be aware of. It might just require avoiding certain activities, or maybe there's some physical therapy you could be doing to strengthen something up in there.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: