Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Leonard Scott shows good form in Rethymno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Leonard Scott shows good form in Rethymno Reply with quote

Scott won the 100m in 10.03 from Dwight Thomas (10.10) and John Capel[10.18] at a meet in Rethymno. The wind was +0.5m/s, so it would appear as if Scott is in better form than he was last Friday in Rome.

Is it me, or does it appear that if Scott ever learns how to finish the last 35-45m that he could be the next guy to dip into the 9.7s??? That is how I feel, especially after seeing his first 50-60m from the US Trials final, Paris GL & Rome GL 100s
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the us trials race so my impression of scott has been of his rather disappointing performances in europe thus far. He reminds me of ron brown, stocky and powerful with a great start and race up to 60-70m.

Zakari has been the most consistent of the second tier sprinters (first tier being gatlin and powell who will be in helsinki), but has so far been disappointing at the big champs.

Pognon was great in luasanne but mediocre in rome so it is really hard to make a general assesment as we head towards the worlds.

Brown and Brunson are still untested and may surprise us later on.

In the uk camp, devonish running 10.19 into -1.5 headwind shows potential to make the finals at helsinki.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zakari and Pognon will make the final in Helsinki ... Jury still out with me on Scott ...

Scott is unlike any other sprinter I've ever seen ... HE hits the wall at 70 meters ... Goes in reverse ... Ron Brown was actually a good finisher ... One of the few who could out finish Lewis ... You might be thinking about Eric Brown who was running at the same time out of UCLA ...
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with eric brown.

I suppose lewis trademark finish made browns end race seem ordinary.

It was his great start and the defecit he made up by about 70m that I felt he managed to beat lewis on the few occasions he did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: