Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
atkins anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylorwillix
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: atkins anyone? Reply with quote

Hey friends,
Any atkins dieters here? I've run across runners on atkins and those who vehemently oppose atkins in my various conversations with people. I myself am not on atkins, I just find the discussion fascinating! What are your experiences? Anyone familiar with the new DVD that just came out? Or have you stuck mainly with the book?
Cheerz,
TW
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this group is mostly on the naysayer side of the fence, but I could be wrong...

Dan
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it for about 3 months and lost 20 plus pounds but it left me feeling week a lot of the time. Also I gained all the weight back when I returned to my previous way of eating.
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

___My favorite diet is the blood--type diet. I view the blood--type diet as a tool to predict and avoid possible food intolerances. It is not a diet that leads directly to the weight loss. However, it, first, is supposed to improve your health.
___When it comes to certain blood--types, it does look a lot like the Atkins diet (O+ or most especially O-), but in certain cases, it is nearly vegetarian (B+ or most especially B-).
_______It disallows certain foods for all blood types.
_______Pork is off the menu. To me, it does make not just a scientific sense, but a commonsense as well. Recently, very slightly genetically--modified pig hearts have been used as the replacement organs for us, humans. Moreover, the pig’s digestive system is nearly identical to the human digestive system. This leads me to a commonsense conclusion: whatever toxins accumulate in the human body, do accumulate in the pig’s body. Therefore, if you would it pork on the daily basis, you would very quickly double the amount of the toxins in your body.
http://vincovitanj.tripod.com/Do_not_be_a_victim1/index.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43o595CARQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x22Alfgv0DY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgcD2akmeJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
annie
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Atkin, anyone?????????????????????????????????/ Reply with quote

My Italian friend lost alot of weight 7 years ago. He had a big belly, and girl hips. Don't get me wrong, he was sexy, but his weight went west and south. He went to the gym and exercised too. I haven't seen him in 7 years. I hope he kept it off. It works if you have the patience to do it. I need to lose off my back and waist, but I always eat a little carbs. Twisted Evil Embarassed
olympicrunner08
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the end of fifth grade, I weighed 170 lbs and was 5-8, must of my body weight was fat and out of shape(I couldn't do more than 5 pushups and my mile time was ovver 15 minutes) that summer I did some things that stunted my growth, so I am still 5-8, but 2 years later, I weighed 138, made my school's football team and was pretty much the fastest guy in my grade, meaning I was in shape. The secret? Lose weight slowly, don't push it. Start exercising and gradually increase the time and intensity of exercise.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like very wise advice to me. Thumbs Up

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: