Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Walter Dix runs AJR in 100m (10.06)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Walter Dix runs AJR in 100m (10.06) Reply with quote

In the NCAA East Regional Champiosnhip heats Walter Dix rewrote the record books with a New AJR in the 100m of 10.06 (wind: +1.5m/s) breaking the previous AJR of 10.07 jointly held by Stanley Floyd (in 1980) and (more recently) DaBryan Blanton (2003) (Dix's time to the thousandth was 10.058 but was rounded to 10.06 because of timing rules)

Dix is now only 0.05 away from Darrell Brown's WJR of 10.01 (+0.0m/s) and looks set to challenge that record in the NCAA East Regional 100m Final
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Blanton? I haven't heard his name for a while now...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanton is in the mid West regional ... His legal best this year is 10.28 ... Has been ok, but not spectacular ... Personally I don't expect a lot out of him ... But that's about the time someone decides to step up and try to make me look bad ...
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the MidEast Regionals, Xaiver Carter ran 20.02 (out of Lane 8!) to go 2nd on the WJ All-time list (behind Bolt's WJR of 19.93) and establish a AJR in the process whilst beating Tyson Gay (PR of 20.07 from last year's Oly Trials 200m) who ran 20.10 and Wallace Spearmon (PR of 19.97 from this year's Mt.Sac Relays) who ran 20.38 for 3rd. I picked Spearmon to win in low-20s, how wrong I was!

Walter Dix claimed the Sprint Double with impressive 10.22/20.23 whilst winning both races by around 2 and 3 metres respectively.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter won the SEC's over the ARkansas duo at 20.16 ... At that point he became a co-favorite in my eyes ... And right now I would consider him the favorite to win the NCAA Championship ... Matter of fact, unless Shawn Crawford comes out really strong in this event I think Carter will win Nationals and should definitely make the US team for Helsinki ...

Spearmon seems to have peaked too early ... His times have been in retrograde since the 19.97 ... Not that 20.38 is slow, but his times in finals have been a tad slower each race over about the last 3 ...

What will be exciting at NC's is going to be the trio of Carter, Tyson (sho is improving weekly) and Dix .... NC's could easily see a sub 20 race !!!
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to my earlier post, I do not think Carter is still a Junior. Can anyone confirm his birthdate? Thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: