Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
american drugs scandals

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a sinking ship, and everyone associated with her is scrambling not to go down with it...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, but Marion is going down ... Way too much smoke around her ... She's been scrambling for over a year now ... Her performances last year were weak at best ... I think she would have done well to take her child and stay home ... Everything since then has been total negativity and has damaged any remnants of what might have been remembered as a sterling career ... Now her memory will be forever tarnished !!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was basically my sentiment during her comeback, but I'm not so sure the doping hounds would've let her alone even in retirement. They seem obsessed with going after anything and everything rumored to have happend in the last 4 years.

Dan
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
That was basically my sentiment during her comeback, but I'm not so sure the doping hounds would've let her alone even in retirement. They seem obsessed with going after anything and everything rumored to have happend in the last 4 years.

Dan

___I think that there should be a statute of limitations when it comes to drug cheats. I would go for a 10 year--time limit.

------
Drago Hornet 69 Kolaczek Hornet pecunia etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Flash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think drugs are way overrated...I've taken anabolic steroids and HGH and if you think that's going to make you a champion you're sadly mistaken.Oh, they help to some degree but they're WAY overrated ..I know from experience, how many people on this site can say the same thing?I knew Ben Johnson was on Winstrol V injections, I could tell by the way he looked.He looked just like me before a bodybuilding contest.But that alone didn't make him a 9.79 sprinter.Believe what you want,I know from experience!!!!!!!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but to be fair, they do have a big effect or they wouldn't be so widely used. Overrated or not, they aren't a non-issue.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that drugs are not the end all be all that some people believe ... Proper technique, proper development of strength and so many other things also come into play .... However ... Having said that No matter how good you are without them, drugs will make you better ... So if you are a 10.50 sprinter there is nothing out there that is going to take you to 9.80 ... BUT if you are a 10.00 sprinter you are close enough that PEDs could be what you need to take you over the edge ... Drugs are not the answer, but they are part of a solution to a particular destination if you have the right ingredients ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but they are part of a solution to a particular destination if you have the right ingredients ...

I like that analogy.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: