Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Three Nation Team Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Three Nation Team Challenge Reply with quote

There were some steaming relay times put down today at the Three Nation Team Challenge. The USA 'I' Men's team ran 37.92 for a world-leading time, anchored by Maurice Greene, to win easy from USA 'II' team who clocked a respectable 38.33, they were anchored by Terrence Trammell...Did anyone see the race? If so, how did each of the teams look? What were the changeovers like?

Meanwhile within the Women's 4x1 relay, the USA 'I' team clocked a world-leading 41.67, with what was reported as having 'perfect changeovers'. That is the fastest time since run the USA women's team clocked a national record of 41.47 at the '97 Athens WC to win gold. Prehaps this time round the USA Women can get it right within the relay???

The 4x4 relay was smoking!!! Two USA Women's teams running sub-3:21...If they can come together, then that possibility of breaking 3:20 seems more probable...

Let's hope that the US teams can keep this up, and produce the same, if not better perfs come Athens...

http://www.iaaf.org/OLY04/news/Kind=2/newsId=26537.html
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two sub 3:21's? Surprised

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure ... But Russia will have two sub 3:20's ... Sad
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with that... I'm perfectly happy with a Silver if it comes in a historically competitive race.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of history, I wonder if Russia can get close to the 3:15.19 record ??? I know they can split 49s ... The record had a couple of 47's ... And Russia is SO deep right now, I just wonder how close they can get ... And in the process how low can they drag the US ??
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be tough, but the talent seems to be there, and the US might be enough competition to push them to that level for a couple of legs.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its a 3 turn stagger ... So I'm thinking that Russia can get a high 49 out of the blocks as long as they are mid to inside ... If the US is outside them (and I'm guessing they will be) then Russia's second leg should get pushed at least through the first 200 of the 2nd leg ... Probably through the turn ... Third leg will be running to try to open day light ... And with a bit of incentive the anchor should be running for history ...

I still feel that if the US were to run Demus and Johnson that they would be more apt to try to stay with the Russians and come away with some sort of outstanding splits ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: