Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
MoSlow

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: MoSlow Reply with quote

MoSlow is a hasbeen !!!!!!!!I guess it be better too be a hasbeen than a never was.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rather cowardly post ... If you'd like tohave discussion or make disparaging comments would be nice if you would identify yourself in some way ... Oh ... ANd anyone running 20.16 is not yet a has been .... Very poor race yesterday notwithstanding ....
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Conway here. Calling someone washed up is always a slippery slope to tread, but doing so with no supporting argument and anonymously is pretty weak. Mo may or may not be the runner he was 3 years ago, but he certainly is not a has been.

Dan
The Flash

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He be a has been!!!!!!! He come in a weak third in the Portland meet.He was weak last year and make excuse after excuse.He say he ready for yesterday and would run great time no matters what the weather was.Look what happened , a weak third.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You defnitely have a right to your opinion ... And he ran a very poor race yesterday ... However his prior two races have bordered on stunning ... I saw him run his 20.16 and it was masterful ... Mo has never run well in eather like he had yesterday ... His build/musculature just doesn't allow it ... thick muscles are very difficult to heat in cold weather and it kills him ... Having said that he souldn't have opened his mouth and made the statements he made prior to the race .... That was stupid ... However, he has already shown this season that he is in much better condition than last year ...

6.50 indoors while injured (during the race)
20.16 running away from a good field
20.30 in so so weather

THAT is not washed up ... Slilghtly less than the standard that he has set .... A satandard that no one else in history has been able to live up to may I add ... But definitely not washed up as of yet ... If he is washed up where does that leave the other 5 guys in yesterdays race ??? Or the athletes in teh two fields he has demolished over 200 meters ???

This season is going to be very long ... Anyone goes undefeated does NOT have true competition ... Goes along with a discussion we had last year on another thread ... The sprints will be tougher this year than they have been in a very long time - given that most top athletes stay healthy ... Mo is no more washed up than Tim or Dwain ... None has shown their best yet ... And each has shown he has areas that need work ... But none is done ... Championship season are a work in progress ... Have to get your game together ... If you have ever competed at anything approaching a top level you would know that ... The guy with the toughest row to hoe so far will be Patrick JOhnson as he has already approached a peak and will have to find a way to maintain it until August !!!! The real season has yet to begin ... June will be the beginning of this season and August the end !!! Everything else is just preparation ... And I say that for all of the athletes not just Mo ... Nothing that has happened to this point - good or bad - means jack ...

We try to be intelligent posters here ... Gonna throw out crap have a means of backing it up ... I see lots of boards where people just take shots at athletes ... We try not to do that here ... HEre we try to converse ... It can be quite eunlightening as well as fun ...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't be taking shots, I be stating facts.MoSlow say he be ready for the race and be a distant third behind weak field.I know it unlikely to go undeated but to place third in weak field prove he be weak.I doubt you ever compete at high level or you know that.I don't dislike Moslow just call it like it be.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I be stating facts.

No, you stated an opinion, calling Mo a has-been. Couldn't be any further from a fact...

As Conway said, we try to discuss things here in mature fashion. If your idea of contribution is to post anonymously, with what looks to be intentionally poor grammar, and no intent other than to baselessly insult athletes, then you'll find few people here interested in carrying on conversations...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan hit the nail on the head ....
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: show yourself Reply with quote

___My opinion is that MG (sorry) will medal in the world championships this year, and that he most likely will win.
___Cowardly? I would call it infantile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping

Last edited by Indeurr on Mon May 19, 2003 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ? Confused

Dan
jeffh
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I have to agree with Conway here. Calling someone washed up is always a slippery slope to tread, but doing so with no supporting argument and anonymously is pretty weak. Mo may or may not be the runner he was 3 years ago, but he certainly is not a has been.

Dan

I agree Greene isn't washed up.He will win his share of races but I personally think his domanace is over.I don't think Greene is going to reclaim the 100m WR.

BTW, the anonymous poster does state reasons he/she thinks Greene is washed up.A weak race Saturday and last year dismal performance.I don't agree, but reasons are stated.

Dan wrote:

If your idea of contribution is to post anonymously, with what looks to be intentionally poor grammar, and no intent other than to baselessly insult athletes, then you'll find few people here interested in carrying on conversations...

Dan

I don't know if your poor grammar is intentional but if its not you need to
go take a basic English and writing class just so you can function in a normal society.I'm not making jokes just trying to help you.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if Greene is going to be "dominant" again or not ... The one thing that must be taken into account is that even though he ran 9.89 last year (yes people tend to forget that he WAS still fast last year) his mechanics were bad ... And that he was coming off a major injury (and purportedly was injured during the winter during his rehab) ... having said al that he is a season and a half away from best form ... That takes a while to both recover from AND get back to ... The key will be how he looks once he has gotten "race" sharp ... Mo still remembers Mo before all of this - just step out on the track and get it done ... His body is still playing catch up ...

His 200 at Mt Sac was easy cause he didn't have to go through the gears quite so fast ... 50 meters into it he was flyin and rollin right by as he came off the turn ... That is too late in a 100 !!! And he found that out on Saturday .... So he's got to get it together ... His start was crap in Oregon and as a result he never got in the race ... Collins on the other hand was flying from the gun .... Capel was somewhere in between ... And that is how they finished ... Mo is probably a month away ... So it is a good thing he has a bye into the WC's ... HE's gonna need it ...

The one bright thing is that if he can go 20.16 without the "pop" in his race, he could PR once he get it together ... LIke maybe 19.75ish ... And if that is the case it would put him in a great position to double ... However if he has trouble perfecting his 100 becasue of the 200 work he is going to have a tough decision to make if he has to choose oneover the other ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, the anonymous poster does state reasons he/she thinks Greene is washed up.A weak race Saturday and last year dismal performance.I don't agree, but reasons are stated.

Yes, but not until being called out...

Conway, nice analysis. Thumbs Up

Dan
JRM
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conway wrote:
Not sure if Greene is going to be "dominant" again or not ... The one thing that must be taken into account is that even though he ran 9.89 last year (yes people tend to forget that he WAS still fast last year)

That was just one race, and the wind was about 0.9m/s or so. Certainly not the mid-9.8 with low wind one would expect from Greene. He was fast, but he wasn't characteristically blazing. I thought I recall his reaction time in that race being unusually fast, as well, but perhaps that was a different race.

Quote:

The one bright thing is that if he can go 20.16 without the "pop" in his race, he could PR once he get it together ... LIke maybe 19.75ish ...

Conway, you need a dose of reality in your 200m predictions. No way Greene is going 19.7. He'll be lucky to see 19.8 again (in fact, he has rarely gone sub-19.9). He's just not that kind of sprinter.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 9.89 was also pretty early last year, so had he progressed throughout the season as normal, it conceivably could have been a sign of very good things to come.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: