Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Distance Den
WHAT TO WEAR FOR 24 MILE MARATHAN

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT WOULD BE THE APPROPRIATE CLOTHING FOR A 43 YEAR OLD MALE TO WEAR RUNNING A 24 MILE MARATHAN IN WEATHER THAT IS 50 TO 60 DEGREES?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'JINGLEKIZ']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having never run that far, I can only take a guess... I would never attempt running a marathon without having run near that distance in training, preferably in similar conditions, which would provide an idea as to proper attire. Something light like coolmax is probably best, maybe with a hat to keep the sun off.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE WEATHER I HAVE BEEN RUNNING IN HAS BEEN 70 TO 90 DEGREES--A COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED FOR RACE DAY WITH A TEMP OF 46--HAVE BEEN TRAINING FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AT THE HIGHER TEMP--NO PLACE TO TRAIN AT THE UNEXPECTED LOW TEMP. PURCHASED CLOTHING FOR THE WARMER TEMP. MAIN CONCERN IS WHAT TO WEAR ON LEGS? WHAT KIND OF SHIRT? IS A VEST A GOOD IDEA?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'JINGLEKIZ']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2000 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a vest would be too warm once you hit 10 miles or so, probably the same for long shorts or tights. I would go with a short sleever shirt or sleeveless singlet, preferably something light like coolmax. 50 degrees is cool, but not so much so that the body cannot warm up sufficiently over a long distance. As long as it isn't significantly windy, that is nearly perfect marathoning temperature.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Distance Den All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: