Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
Visiting friends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Visiting friends Reply with quote

I'm going back to New Mexico for a couple of days. It's been over a year since I've been back or seen many of my family and friends that live there. It should be nice, I'll probably run into Hammer and coachd while I'm down there. I should get to see coaches brand new little girl (only about a week or two old right now) and Hammers son who's two or three months now. I'll try to get in some altitude training while I'm up there, I just hope I don't end up face down on the side of the road gasping for air Wink
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year DG and I hope you have a great trip. Very Happy
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a safe trip!! Has the weather affected your travel at all. I didn't see the extent of the blizzards over Christmas. Hope we get to see some pictures of you and Hammer and coachd. That would be great!! Thumbs Up

Paul
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my trip came and went. I spent time with family and friends. Even went on two runs with Hammer. We ran at about 7000 feet and let me tell you there seemed to be a lot less air up there than I remebered. On our first run I was wearing a HR monitor and I hit 184 bpm just before the first mile mark! I backed off. I felt like I was moving slower than the pope-mobile with a flat tire Embarassed It was the best weather I've ever seen there this time of year. Temps in the mid to high 50's sunny with almost no wind. I was running in shorts and a tee shirt and loving it. I also got to have dinner with coachd, which was nice. And I ate as much good mexican food as id humanly possible in a four day span Thumbs Up That's the biggest draw back to living in NE you can't find a descent mexican restaurant to save your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: