FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Distance Den
Geb is back !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Geb is back !!! Reply with quote

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=20124.html

Looks like Geb is back ... 27:02 is smokin ... I wonder if this will be one of those seasons where he challenges both the 5K & 10K records ??? Is there anyone that can really run with him ??? I think he may be more dominant than Paula and THAT is saying a lot ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's an impressive return. Whalloped a pretty good field... I think it may take a couple more races before I can confidently say he's back, though, given his recent injury woes. Getting through the first race after an injury is typically easier than maintaining that momentum...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps ... Although I've found that to be more true of spters an dhurdlers than of distance runners ... Geb just seems to be cut from a different cloth to me ... I would imagine that performance gave his competitiors much to think about ..
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sure it opened some eyes, but I betcha there's a lot of people taking a wait and see approach. He's obviously fit, but he hasn't yet answered any questions as to how his body will hold up through several races, let alone rounds. Don't forget, despite Geb's dominance, he's the one who has regular difficulties making it through championship races without beating his legs to a pulp.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because he runs every race hard ... Now I have no problem with that in finals, but one does need to measure out the rounds .... HE's just so danged competitive ... almost too much so ...
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! That guy is amazing Surprised He's versitile tough, competitive and unbelievably gifted. The thing that impresses me most about Geb when I think about him is that he has continued to run so well after all his success. He just won $1 million for this race and that is after he has made that much and then some over the past decade. This from a man who lives in one of the poorest countries in the world. The temptation to buy a huge estate and sit around getting fat (one of the reasons many Kenyans seem to disapear after a year or two of success) would seem to be very easy to give into. And yet he doesn't. He continues to train not like he's the best in the world but more like a man determined to be the best of all time. Which he very well maybe.
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me somewhat, of what Tim said about Marion. She's rich but trains like she's poor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Distance Den All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: