Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Summer running vs. School running

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Dan, I have a problem. Ok, it's kinda wierd, but I am writing this to see if anyone else can relate. I will be a 12th grader in a few weeks and in the past I found when I run during the summer I feel energetic, calm, loose, motivated. But when school comes around I feel very lethargic, tired, dehydrated, and even overweight!! I don't know whats wrong with me. I think it could have to do with me sitting in the same position for 7 hours, and that could make my muslces tense? who knows?
thanks alot
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found it very hard to run when sitting all day at work. It helps to take every chance you get to stand up and walk around; get water, go to the bathroom, whatever. Just make sure you're not sitting still constantly.

How do you respond to school? Stressed or unmotivated? It sounds like school might be having an emotional effect on you that carries over to your energy and running. Try separating the two as much as possible. If your practice is at 4, tell yourself from 3:30 on is your running time, school does not enter the picture.

Hope this helps,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: