Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Mid-Distance Depot
Need Training help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Need Training help Reply with quote

Within the next few weeks I am going to start my Indoor Track season for high school. I didn't run cross country this year and am not th ebest runner in the first place. But I would like to improve and go into the season in better shape than I currently am. I played football in the fall so it isn't like I've been sitting home doing nothing. This season I'm planning on running events from the 800m to the 400m. During the past spring season I ran a 2:22 half mile and my more frequent event the 400m, I ran a 56.
I'm asking if anyone has any advice on the best way to get back in shape for these events. Thank you.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know when your first Indoor meet is? That will be the major determining factor on what pre-training you will want to do. Also, how important are the Indoor races? Does your team treat them as Outdoor preparation or a serious competitive season?

If you remember the basic training you did during track last year, I would suggest easing back into that routine over the next two weeks. That way, when the team gets together, your body will be acclimated to where you left off in the spring, and you should be able to pick up the training intensity right off the bat.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: